We Need Your Feedback!
Act Early Connecticut
- Events Calendar
- The Connecticut Picture
- Goal of the Act Early Connecticut Team
- Connecticut's Act Early Plan
- State Participants
- CME, CNE, and CEU available for online course: Autism case Training (ACT): A Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Curriculum.
- Resources from the CDC for parents
- Resources from the CDC for early childhood educators
- Resources from the CDC for health care professionals
Legislative Forum on Developing Best Practices for Early Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders
The Goal of the Act Early Connecticut Team
The Connecticut team developed the following overarching goal during the summit:
In order to assure valued life outcomes, all of Connecticut’s diverse families (urban, suburban and rural) and other stakeholders will be aware of the early signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder and have knowledge about, and access to, evidenced based, individualized, and timely screening, diagnostic assessment and interventions as implemented by a competent work force and funded, coordinated system of care.
The team decided to focus on two main areas to achieve this goal: developing best practice guidelines and raising awareness.