- On-line Course: Early Interventionist Specialist
- Study seeks families of young children (age 3 to 5) who have been diagnosed or are being evaluated for autism. View the flyer in English or in Spanish.
- Study seeks to hire parents of children with autism. For more information, view the flyer in English or in Spanish
- Paraprofessional of the year awarded to Newtown hero.
- UConn President, Education Dean and the CT UCEDD Endorse Position Statement in Response to School Shootings.
- Staff member explains the importance of museums to individuals with autism.
- Tierney Giannotti, Associate Director, reappointed as Connecticut’s Act Early Ambassador.
- UCEDD Research Director publishes two Cochrane reviews:
Listen and Watch
- Able Lives: a multimedia education & awareness website in partnership with CPTV
- Redefining Disability - Our Changing Perceptions of People with Disabilities (podcast. 49:00)
We Need Your Feedback!
The A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (Center) is a disability research and training program located on the campus of the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut. The Center is one of a national network of University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service (UCEDD) authorized by the federal Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act and funded through the Administration on Developmental Disabilities.
The Center's work, as a university-based center on disability, is in an environment that has at the heart of its mission education in service of the common good and we strive to ensure that individuals with disabilities of all racial, ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds are fully included and valued in society. We invite you to explore our site. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 860-679-1500, send us an email or download the Center's brochure or flyer.
- Join our Mailing List!
- Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD)
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- Connecticut Council On Developmental Disabilities
- Connecticut Office of Protection & Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
- Family Voices
This page is best viewed using Internet Explorer 8 or higher. If you are having difficulty accessing the site, please click here to upgrade Internet Explorer, or switch to a different browser such as Firefox.