Several of the UConn Center’s grants specifically support education and training for students, community members, and professionals in fields ranging from business to health care. Our specialized staff offer training opportunities each year on critical issues related to developmental disabilities. Creating future leaders and scholars to carry out the important mission of improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities and their families is at the heart of our educational programs.
Topics vary and programs and projects provide technical assistance to persons with disabilities, families, professionals and paraprofessionals, policymakers and students. Continuing education credits are offered to attendees.
We are currently offering the following education and training opportunities. For additional information, click on the education or training program you are interested in.
- Professional Development Opportunities for Special Education Paraeducators
- Doctoral program in Early Childhood Intervention
- Public Health Certificate in Interdisciplinary Disability Studies
- Partnership for Inclusive Practices
- Parent Leadership and Advocacy Training Program
- Early Intervention Specialist Program
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- Learn the Signs for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Check out our Training and Conference Presentations
We are always looking to offer training opportunities that meet your needs. WE NEED YOUR INPUT! Please follow the link to the right to complete a brief survey to help us design and implement training activities.
508 Accessibility Approved